Sunday, February 17, 2019

#Nevada is not for wimps!

This is my first winter in Nevada...and gotta say, this is not for wimps.

Never mind the snow and winds and icy roads...and I 80 being closed at least 4 times in the past month...yeah, you can get used to that.   Put the truck in 4wheel drive, drive slow, have distance and pray you don't have to slam on the brakes...and when you do 'fishtail' you don't wreck.  I can 'deal'.

But last week we had an incident where some animal tried to take out one of our dogs.  It was midnight, dh woke up to the dogs barking...went to check...and they were all standing at the top of the driveway.  The 2 girls, seeing 'papa' ran to him, leaving our old guy alone.  He is 14 or 15 years old and has bad hips...anyways, whatever they were barking at, ran back up the driveway and was rushing to our dog.  Luckily, dh's response scared it away.

So we spent the next day after work building a 'kennel'...one that gives them access to the inside of the 'shop'...it is where they have been spending nights...it is insulated and we have a heater, their dog houses, blankets and all set up.   So we built the kennel so it surrounds the doggie door and gives them a bit of space outside.  Now, those who know me know I don't do physical work.   So, dh tells me, 'just need you to hold the panels'.  Okay, I can hold panels.   then 'since you are on the inside, need you to tighten these bolts'.  Okay I can tighten bolts.   Then hands me a shovel, while I move rocks...need you to straighten them and push them against the bottom to create a 'bern'.  So, I am shoveling rocks.   In the cold 'washoe zephyr' winds...but 'my' part was done before dark.  Dh had some finish work...and was out there later...and caught a cold... he is on the 5th day of.

So with that cold, I had to drive myself to work...in the snow and ice.

An hour later, normally a 30 minute commute...when I got to work I told the office peeps..."I am now an official Nevada bad*ass!"    ha!  not really, I'm still a wimp.

Work has been busy, doing 5 days a week since mid-December.  Now, some of you are like 'whaaaat??? that's my normal".  Well, it isn't mine.

The gal who does my job at the CA location left, oh, mid December...so it has also meant monthly trips down there to take care of CA sales tax and such..  Last month, January, it meant a week long trip...as I 80 was shut down!  (not complaining, got to stay with my family and grandbabies out there).   And for those of you in accounting, you know how the first couple of months are with closing out the previous month, quarter, year...and the yearly projects that need to be done.

One good thing about the increased hours is the paychecks...nice to be 'rich'...ha!
One good thing about the monthly travel...get to see the grandbabies more!

But, I'm an old, wimpy woman...and I am just wore out and tired.  My life should be one of a little work, a lotta hobby and tv and resting!

and there has been NO time to do what I love...scrapbooking!  But I am going to Pleasanton Expo and that is gonna change.

cuz a blog is boring without pics...let me see...
Winston knows what's what on these cold icy days.


New metal sign for the gate...covered in guess what?  


Luckily, I've only slid a couple of times, once while holding the above gate, so I just slid my way to the fence.  But once at work, while taking out my trash...right onto my rear in front of the dumpster.  siiiiigh










No comments: