Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!!


 Found this meme on Facebook this morning...it works!   I am on a no spend challenge...till April 28.   In the hopes of using my considerable stash.   The date is from when Pleasanton Expo was traditionally scheduled and it is my dgd’s 12th birthday.    I am maintaining my kit clubs.   The Scraproom for paper, Kiwi Lane for templates, and Coco & Reno for dies.   

So, Happy New Year!  My Japanese mother had this tradition of ‘whatever’ you do on NYD..you did all year long.  So do all your cleaning, shopping before...so you can spend your year doing what you like.  You KNOW what my plans are!!! 

SCRAPBOOKING!!  This would be considered a base page

Last piece of paper from a kit..combined with some strip cut outs from another line.


 

MJM and I made waffles for breakfast...

And Pride and Prejudice on the tv in my scraproom.   Ha!!!

Another Japanese tradition my mom told us was giving money ... guess the thought was so you would have money throughout the year.   I changed that to books for our family., well, grandkids now.   Mom also used to cook a special New Year’s meal...but being almost 60, I cannot remember what it is.   Just that I liked it.   (edited, it was sukiyaki)
 
Tonight we have an instant pot jambalaya planned.   
Y’all have a Happy New Year..filled with doing what you love with the ones you love.


No comments: