Thursday, June 6, 2013

lesson 3

lesson 3 went very fast.

My goal was to have the kids lay on the ground in the sanctuary and draw what they saw.  I wanted them to have a 'limited' perspective so I could point out that while we have a limited perspective, God has an overall perspective.   Okay, I was the only one laying down.  And a couple of the boys finished theirs very quickly.

We adjourned to the kitchen, where we talked a li'l about the 3rd commandment.   A 'guest' knew all 10, so he recited them for us and was rewarded with a candy bar.

I gave them the trivia 'hint' and it was to find out about the Omni's of God.  One of the young men, even brought a list with the Omni's written out...he got his candy bar and we talked a bit about those Omni's.

Then we just talked, about everything and nothing.   I don't know how this started, but one of the young men pointed out that "down south you can say anything about someone as long as you say, 'bless his heart' afterward."  (so true)  So I asked him, a'have you ever lived down south?a'  then another young man said, "I did!!"..."really, where?"..."Camp Pendleton"...tee hee...well, guess that IS southern california...

Before we started I asked if they enjoyed staying for worship, all but one said yes. (he was a little extra onery that morning)...but they said they did not like having to stand up then down...up then down.

So, I am feeling my lack of teaching ability.  People say that is okay - its really about being there and giving them a chance to talk, to 'matter' to someone...but I sure wish I could be a better 'teacher'.

Next week, no children's church - we'll be joining the sanctuary for the missionaries.
 Then the following Sunday we will do something for Father's Day.
  And the following Sunday, Mandy will be teaching as I will be out of town.


No comments: