Sunday, October 4, 2015

fess up Friday, end of Sept...also some deep thinking...ooooooh nooooo

Went a little crazy a couple of weeks ago on the Scrapbook.com website...after shipping managed to spend...siiiiiigh, ($100) on PAPER!   how did that happen.  I blame Websters Pages and Simple Stories... there was only one 12x12 pack...a couple of Pocket page cards...then the vellum bokeh paper pictured below


but for the most part it was buying single sheets 2 at a time.  This is what that kind of thing looks like in a stack.   


here are the Webster's pages culprits.  They are actually for their planner...but I will use on pages. After I got them I realized I did not get October...so gotta back order those.


Simple Stories culprits....


and their backs...just love them they have a slight umbre affect


This week as far as scrap goodies, did better as far as $'s. Picked up a couple of things at Walmart...glitter/prism paper and found these We R Memories pocket page at $3 each...Pffffftttt, you know I grabbed all I could find.  Look at the pics above, I've gotta do a ton of pocket pages!




Picked this up off of Craig's List yesterday.  This island cart...Put all my Christmas related scrap goodies...now I can say all my scrapbook stuff is in one room.  Which was the goal when Dh moved me to the guest suite.  riiiiiiiiiight????


Made the top my new Cuttlebug station...the 'tub' was a garage sale find last Saturday.  Don't ask, I don't know what it is about these old fashioned tubs...I even have a pink one on my mantle.




deep thoughts,  It has occurred to me that at 54 I am the age my dad was when he passed away.  He died in a car accident, But something about that milestone really makes you think about your own mortality.  Dh and I are really starting to feel the effects of our life choices when we were young.  I wear mine out front, in the form of a big belly...from overindulging  in food...so you can see my issues.  I feel pretty lucky the only health issue is high cholesterol.   so far.  Dh has had  issues with basil cells, pre cancer, that luckily has been treatable.   ... I don't know, just really makes you consider that we truly are not promised tomorrow.  

I don't have any deep words of wisdom for you young ones, except maybe skip the soda and cheesecake and wear sunscreen.   But I do know, for myself, I am thankful for the blessings I have with my family and home.  I think we need to concentrate on that.  IF these are my last days on earth, I want to spend them...glorifying God, with my grandchildren (kids and dh, too), and my cats .   

All else is fine and fun...but they are not what is important.  


This song has become real special to me, I'll leave the 'deep thoughts' sequence with this...

William McDowell - I Won't Go Back

No comments: