Friday, August 5, 2016

First week of Aug...busy but will end with EXPO!


Busy month, am training the gal who will replace me at the business...so have been working a (gasp) full week.   So commute and something going every evening.  I go to the home office each night to collect more files and email her spreadsheets.   Good part about that, is I get to see the babies each evening.  And it is difficult to not spend my day with them.  So I get to huggle them in the evening.

BUT how is that even when you don't have time to scrap, your scrap desk gets messy.  Esp if you are a 'shopper' like me....ha!!!


This is what the desk looked like on Weds, when I finally went into my room...well, to pack for Expo!  


I finally made a Unity Stamp purchase.  They did a great promo on facebook, 'comment and you and a friend can win"...so I followed the link and bought.   Sooo cute!!!


I joined a Facebook Scrapbook sale site, recommended on the Refugees site...and picked up these CTMH stamps.  And the gal is a Posh rep and sent me samples...I really like what I see.


Amazon purchase I had shipped to Texas while I was there last week.  Basics, wanted to start some slider cards...but...my sis's scrapbook stuff is 'unreachable'.  Her kids turned her room into a store room and it is packer.  Sis is not happy, but the good thing about grown kids...is...they eventually move out...riiiiiiiight?


Creative Memories reboot purchase, a friend became a rep...so going to give it a try.  This is actually packed for Expo.   I was never really a fan of CM...their tools are fantastic...but you know the whole almost 12x12 papers and concentration on stickers.   And the reputation some of their reps gave the line about 'acid free'.   So, we will see.


Speaking of CM tools a friend was selling her punches, all for $5...including these CM's.  So got these, the Martha Stewart was 70% off at the Texas Michaels.   Since I have gotten into making pockets with my fuse, I imagine I will also use the shape punches.   Plus, these are great for dgd to start her own collection.


So, off to Expo.  Instead of the usual cropping all 3 days, only doing one with my friend Michele.  I missed the $135 per night hotel block and the hotel rooms were over $300!!   So, we will be spending the night Fri and Sat with her mom who lives in San Jose...and only crop and shop one day.  

Looking forward to it...and I did something impossible...I really tried to pack so that it would be only one car trip...I usually make 2 for crop stuff...and I think I did it!!!   More to come. and hopefully some layouts and projects!   Whoot, whoooot!!!!

1 comment:

LisaDV said...

So glad you had fun at the expo. You have lots of new goodies to put to use when you get a chance. But enjoy the grand-baby time too.