Monday, October 3, 2016

World Cardmaking Day

Dgd spent the night Friday and we did spend most of Saturday making cards....She completed 3 cards, birthday for her little sister, her little brother and a thinking of you card for her great grandmother.   Her cards are funny...the 2nd pic shows the inside...Happy Birthday, I love you even though you kick me... ha!!!



I concentrated on finishing all the card projects from about 2 years of make and takes from the Expo's Crop...is it called a make and take crop?  You know the one done Thurs night???

Anyways, this is the basket I had been keeping them in...





Then worked on finishing a card I have had sitting around for a while now...I started this base...think I had a stamped image, but pulled it off for another project at one point
 replaced it with this Unity Stamp boot and flowers

this year's Christmas...not real happy, tried the distress ink background...I just don't 'have' it yet.


So by the end of the day, this is what my basket looked like...an assortment of finished cards...

 And spent Sunday afternoon working on my Bloom Box from Fun Stampers Journey, took a couple of hours for 4 cards.  Not too bad.   Figure the cost of each card is $6.25 ... better if I reuse the stamp set, right???  ha!
 So, did have a productive card making weekend.    Someday soon will scrapbook again! ha!

4 comments:

darkchami said...

Don't you just love children's cards? They always make me smile.

Way to go on a productive card day! I need a card day to get my Christmas cards done.

Scrapthology said...

Wow, you really got some crafting done.

Margie Higuchi said...

What a cute crafter! Good for you to complete some of those make 'n takes!!

LisaDV said...

Your dgd's card is brilliant. I love the sentiment! Wow! to all that you accomplished. They are fabulous.