Saturday, June 23, 2018

kinda toward the end of week 2 - ha!

This was the week that we add no more meat to the plan.  So, no dairy, no processed and no meat.  Yeah, about that.   Gosh, can I say I'm about 75% on plan?  Yesterday, I gave in and had my last frozen meal...with meat...and processed.   Weds I had meat also...But other than that...

Dairy, I'm finding I don't miss it very much....except cheese.   I do miss cheese.  In fact on day 29...this is a 28 day plan...I'm having a PIZZA!   oh, and I miss Mexican food also.

Processed,  this is the hardest to avoid.   Just cuz it is everywhere and in things you don't expect.  You know like... pie...ha!   No seriously.   I am avoiding the out and out white, white bread, pasta, rice....

Meat, last week I ate a lot of meat.  This week only 2 meals...soooooo...okay.   Good thing I like tofu.  and hummus.  and I am good with the tempeh.   As I write this I am finishing a kale, tempeh, quinoa citrus salad...a recipe my dil gave me.

Weight, I don't have a scale right now...so can't tell you if I am losing any weight.  I stepped on a scale while staying at the kids...and it looks promising.   But we will see.

Had a disappointing couple of days.   I had signed up for a 3 day crop with Scrapbook Paradise here in Reno.  was so excited, gonna crop and meet some local scrapbookers!   But it was 'hinky'...even when I paid back in May...nothing.  No email saying, 'welcome, here is how a crop works'...nothing.  So, I've been 'watching' their website and facebook page.  Only one facebook post about a watercolor class.  Nothing new on website, except the crop was on their calendar.   Until the morning of the crop.  Then the calendar was wiped clean.   So I Facebook Messaged them.  No response.  Then later in the morning I check the calendar again...and now there is a class posted today with Lawn Fawn.  So, I call them and leave a message....nothing, so okay, I'll stop by today while they are having the class.

So, I drive down there.  I see a gal who drove all the way from Truckee...she said the got an email that the Lawn Fawn class was cancelled, but she came down for the kit.  And sat for 20 minutes, cuz there is no one there.   I also walked around … Now a couple of weeks ago, there was a sign for Scrapbook Paradise on the building...but not today.  

So, I get home and check my messenger, email...and the website. Even checked my mailbox hoping there was a letter and a refund or something.     Facebook and Website is still up with no changes...but the online store is 'under maintenance'.

So, yes, I called my credit card company to get my $70 back....but why can't they respond to me and make this right?  Why do I have to go to my credit card company to try to get my money back?  Why is it when a business goes out of business...they feel they have the right to scr*w their customers?  Why?

I'm so sad.  I went to the store when I used to travel to Reno with MJM...before I started babysitting.  Was really excited to move out here...cuz there was a store.

Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles.  or should I say multigrain cracker...

I did get to scrapbook yesterday...after unpacking my crop bags.

Did get happy mail.   I ordered some Fun Stamper's Journey and CTMH and at least they were in the mailbox.   so, gonna go drown my sorrows in new supplies....ha!






No comments: