Thursday, June 14, 2018

Week 1 - midweek report...ha!

Okay, there have been some moments where I did not want this dietary,  lifestyle change.  While driving I saw a donut sign...and all I could think of was a cakey donut - even the plain would have been heaven in my mouth.  BUT, I did not stop, did not 'give in' to that impulse.

I did go off track yesterday.  I had some errands to run in Sparks after 6pm...picked up a wheeled walker for Carita off the local buy/sell page... the PLAN was to get an acai bowl for dinner, but to the left of the shopping center was a little Thai place.   THAI!  as in Pad Thai, as in rice noodles, as in white rice noodles.  Yeah, I went there (it was yummy, not Yuppha (from Newman) yummy.   I did forgo the sweet rice and mangoes...does that give me a point?  

Tried to make applesauce oatmeal muffins, a recipe off of Spark.   Substituted soy milk for the milk, banana for the egg whites....and then,,, my oven does not work.  It is a spectacular looking oven...

a Thermadore Professional...when the previous owner gave us a tour, she did say she hated this oven.  It worked for a while, but since last Saturday decided it was done.   Soooo, it became a cake,  I put it in my countertop Turbo convection oven/roaster... I guess I used the wrong rack, the bottom did not cook.  But the top was crunchy and YUMMY, so guess I will try again.  And the banana took over the flavor, so it was more of a banana applesauce oatmeal taste.  Oh well, failing is a part of learning.


I kinda did not close my freezer all the way after lunch, a  veggie burger with avocado, so tonight will be something with ground beef.   (luckily I don't have to quit meat till next week).  siiiiigh, many mini adventures for the stay at home, bored grammy.   ha!  

My plan today, after I eat this bowl of soggy sawdust, aka regular oatmeal, is to play downstairs in my scrap room.   There is a reason, with the high temps we have been having, the basement is considerably cooler than the main floor of the house.   I may even invite the dogs, if they hang out in the man cave portion and not the scraproom portion...

Later this afternoon  we are having 2 pieces of furniture delivered.  From Recycled Furniture here downtown.   A dresser for the master.  Last house we had the spacious double closets so no need for a dresser in the room. We used shelves, and I did have MJM's childhood dresser in my closet, but he said 'no way' to having it in the bedroom.  ( It is happily holding fabrics in my craftroom).  

 The new closet, siiiiigh, it makes me so sad...I close the door at night, so it won't be the first thing I see in the morning.   

 And, we picked up a light oak 'lighted' cabinet buffet.   I kinda liked a different one, but for MJM it was the 'solidness' of this one that he liked...so, okay, not perfect, but I will 'deal'.  

okaydokay, soggy sawdust is cold, time to move to the next desk...ha!!!









No comments: