Monday, July 5, 2010

been making cards...


for the swap on Scrapbook.com...here are the last 3 sets I did:

these are the men's b-day cards, used the cricut Summer Vacation cart for the cars.


and here is the mess I made while working on the fall cards, I wanted to use my 'radiant rain' glimmer ink on the leaves. First I did a layer of gesso, cuz in the past when I used the ink on cardstock, it would soak in...the first layer of brown ink looked gray...so I used red and it poured out instead of daubered out...


my finger is still red from it. What I wanted was orange/brown leaves with a touch of red...what I got was red/purple leaves ...so I ended up layering them with some tea dye crackle paint, glitter and glossy accents...what a mess! BUT I did use my slice for the frames and tags. My slice is acting up, cutting through the image, but what I am doing is when I see the blade go back to the start point, I am lifting my Slice off the paper. And it works for me. I really like my Slice, I don't like that it is acting up. siiiiiiiigh

last but not least, my women's bday card. Used the Bloom Cricut Lite cart from Walmart...bought it yesterday while shopping with ddil. I KNEW I loved those bird cages...ha! and the flower is a fabric technique the scrappin' group was taught during a crop last weekend.


I won't 'give it away'... but its pretty cool and simple.

but working with that black ink...aye yi yi...I had to restart a couple of times from ink smears.

So, today is my day off...making it pajama day..think I'll do some layouts next.

No comments: