Wednesday, September 14, 2011

just back from Houston..

Spent 5 days in Houston visiting family. I was esp hanging out with my mom, who is 79 this year...and so at her house there was no internet access for me. My sis usually leaves me a laptop and her code for the wireless...but, this year the laptop had issues. I never got it to work. So, also took the week off from internet. Not Bad. I remember a friend had a no internet Sunday policy. Stepping away from the computer can be a good thing.

So, as you can guess, I scrapped and read. My sis has an outstanding scraproom. I took pics, so I'll post more later.

I finished Nothing Daunted. Good idea to take it to the airport. It's not a bad book, just a li'l hard to trudge through the history. But when she told about the gals and their adventures, it was quite interesting.

then I read, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Killer. Oh! I really enjoyed it. Now, it also was filled with historical facts, but the way the author wove it into the story, made it interesting. I actually thought the book was going to be tooo'campy'. but found it fun and interesting. I even started to 'buy' the theory, but reminded myself 'photoshop' everytime there was a pic.


then I read, The Winter Sea. I could not put it down. literally, the first day I read 260 pages out of @560. I had to tell myself to put it down so I'd have something to read at the airport. It was sooooo good. Another with history, but so ingrained in the story it was interesting.

gotta go, the dh is pacing, we gotta go to work.
have a great humpday!!!

No comments: