Sunday, August 28, 2011

a quarter of a century...


my 'baby' is a 25 today!

I am soooo proud of her. She has grown up to be one terrific young woman. and let me tell ya, that wasn't always the 'prognosis'. She came out of the womb, ready to 'rule the world'. Let me tell you, she was one strong willed child. I had 2 books at my bedstand, The Strong Willed Child and Dare to Discipline. I would tell myself, "God has a reason for making her this way, its a good thing, its a good thing...." AND Lucky for me, it is. So all you parents of strong willed children, my ds and ddil included, I'll just say...they are not easy to raise, you can't parent with the 'lay down the law' style...you have to learn to come alongside them and help them to channel that will to the positive...but it is SOOOOOOOO worth it!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I will have to remember your advice when I'm up against my very strong willed 2.9 year old! They truly are a challenge and a blessing! Love all your photos, and tours around your house :)

Elizabeth said...

1st happy bday to your daughter! U can't imagine how much I needed to read the words in ur post just now after spending 2 hours with my own string willed kindergartener! So thanks happy to see there is hope after all! Lol