Sunday, February 28, 2016

rough week...next week will be better

Well that cold I mentioned, yeah, it turned into something worse.  It was odd, took Monday off, felt pretty bad but felt a day of tea and rest would beat it.  Worked Tues and Weds, then Weds night it HIT, like  a  train.
Thurs and Fri just felt like I could barely breathe, my ears and throat inflamed and it was awful. Stayed home those days, drinking Apple Juice, 7-Up and tea.
 Turned the corner somewhat by Sat morn...actually went to work, but skipped Sat night plans with my girls.  siiiiigh, I have deadlines...I have plans, Sick is not part of it.  My son said I had the 'plague' and told my dgd to stay away from me yesterday. They came by the 'shop' to do inventory, of course, dgd and I hung out...just tried not to make contact and accidently drink her soda.  Really hope the contagious part of this is done.   Went to church this morning, sat in with the youth class...and they were all sick.  Whatever it is....is hitting us all.  

One night, or morning I was up at 2am...not sleeping, so used the time to pack a little.  I had gotten this Making Memories bag on impulse, but I am thinking it is a perfect "Pocket Page" bag...


and today, I finally finished packing for the crop.  I really admire the women I see arriving with only on rolling case.  How do they do that?   I have 2 rolling cases, 1 rolling duffle and my wagon.  yes that is Winston's backside photo bombing my pic.  

and felt like I did a good job of paring down.   Maybe the key is to not bring embellishments.  I dunno, maybe this year I am going to ask some of these ladies how they do it.  I know some make page kits...I bring my subscription kits, a rolling case full ...but they don't come with cardstock so I need another  rolling case of cardstock.   siiiiiiiiigh

Confession, I've been a shopping...which does not make sense, since I am going to EXPO...
But here is the Scrapbook.com purchases.   I had been building the cart for a while and when free shipping was offered, hit buy.  Also, but not pictured were pocket pages that are 4 6x6 spaces...hmmmm, looking forward to playing with those.

these are washi's from Etsy that Winston is inspecting for me.  Such an addiction washi's are..I sure don't use them enough...but I love them.


a cartridge from Amazon...it was less then $20 what can I say.  But now that cricut is going wireless with the Air, there will be lots of these bargains.   


and the Basic Gray warehouse box...as ya'll may have heard they are ending...siiiigh, one of my fave lines when I first started scrapbooking, though gotta admit, not so much lately.  I'm more into Echo Park and Bella Blvd...  Gotta say was a little disappointed by the box.  The chipboard album, kinda ugly chenille flowers...and these odd decorated wood sticks...


Expo, Expo, Expo in less than a week....hoooooray!!!!!  This will be my only Expo this year.  Not going to Santa Clara...with the stadium being built the hotel room is just getting too expensive.    So, no Santa Clara...at least not spending the night and cropping anymore.

Good thing we have Crop Camp twice a year!!  End of April and First of November!!!








No comments: