Saturday, February 20, 2016

Superbowl Crop, and my plans for the Zombie Apocolypse...ha!!!

It has been a couple of weeks, but did manage to do some scrapbooking...Super Bowl weekend.  I did my own Online Superbowl Crop...and because the gals in my scrapping group were all busy, it was just me.  Well, one of the gals did post a pic on one of the challenges later.  Oh well, still got some scrapping done.


I have been shopping.  Kyleigh (dgd, aged 2 years old) has decided she like stickers.  So I made a couple of trips to Hobby Lobby to buy stickers for her, her sister Adriana (6 years old) and yes, me (54 years old)...






But here it is 2 weeks later and nothing...I have not even had time to open my subscription boxes.



Most of all my time is spent Nanny'ing my grandson, Jase.  This is a full time job!!!  Dad commutes, so I try to be here @the time he leaves @6:15 am...then sometimes don't leave till close to 6pm.  Mom sometimes works from home, sometimes she is on the road, so even if it is a morning Mom and baby sleep in till @7:30 that gives me time to take care of some of the General Ledger work I am still doing.  Though the past couple of Saturdays I have also been working...as little guy is taking less naps and getting a wee bit grumpier (teething).  siiiiiiiiigh.


I've also 'dove' into a couple of Bible Studies...Both EXCELLENT...but takes some time.
One is with the church, the Bible study based on the movie The War Room.  I would even call this one life changing.  I can see how it is affecting my walk...and a friend has opened up to me that this is affecting her also.  Funny, she is a fairly new Christian, I've been one for 30 years...same teachings affect us a little differently...yet deepens our walk. 

And I am semi-leading one on the book of Acts.  I say semi, cuz it is just me and a couple of friends...We are using John McArthur's study as our guide.  We are also watching/listening to Francis Chan's series on the Holy Spirit on Youtube.

And in March.....will start leading a Sunday School for young adults.  You know the recent High School graduates...I am getting to know these kids (I am 54 and I can call them that)...and they are a great group.  I don't consider myself a teacher, but hoping I can be a trusted mentor as we navigate our Christian walk together.  Pastor asked me to use "Experiencing God" as my study guide, and says I can take a year doing it.  And that sounds great to me. 

The Board has asked us ministry 'leaders' to fill out a sheet that includes our goals and progress.  My mission statement or is it vision statement...(supposed to be bodacious)  is "Equipping the Young People with God's Word so They can start their own Churches during the Zombie Apocolypse"  ha!!!

The Sunday school I led before with the 4th-6th graders was very "Art "heavy...wonder if I can do that with the older kids.  Do plan to introduce them to Bible Art Journaling...I only do mine on Sunday mornings, using a devotion or Bible study quote that was esp inspiring throughout the week.

Sooooo....let's see how it all goes.

No comments: