Thursday, March 3, 2016

interesting week so far....are we jinxed

What is the saying, something about things coming in 3's.

1)Last week I had the 'zombie plague' (what my son inlaw calls my sickness).  I sure was zombie like Thurs and Fri

2) Then Tues night I get a call from the kids at 10:20 pm (I go to bed around 8)...they are making an emergency room run for my daughter, who is 4 months pregnant, do I want to come over so they don't have to wake up grandson and take him?   (of course). 
so, E.R craziness follows,  I mean the first thing they did was make sure baby was okay (he is) then kids get put in the 'back of the line'...lets just say they left @3am...as at the rate people were being seen their doctor's office would be open for the morning before they go in.  So, they did got appt with dr.....after all the bad things were checked off...appendicitis, UTI, placenta detaching...kids were sent home.  Told it may be dehydration and muscle strain...but get rest. 

3) Weds morning, before dr appt, Son in law was shopping for supplies to make us breakfast, and hurt his neck.  He spent the day looking like Lurch (from Addam's family) ...had an appt this morning.

So, okay, we have had our 3...someone else's turn. Nah, don't want this for anyone.

Thurs morning, day before Crop!!

Today is also my dr appt, this afternoon.  I have new insurance and could not get in until today (called Fri while in the midst of my sickness).  Figured if I got any worse, could go to Urgent Care or E.R...and even if I am better, which I am, then could use the appt to re start my Simvastatin, an a couple of other prescriptions...and get a new doctor.   This dr is the only office in our town that accepts the new insurance.

Wish I could have kept my Kaiser (this may not make sense for nonCalifornians).. Kaiser is not perfect but so far for me it has been the best system.  And such availability, through Advise Nurses, to multiple locations and doctor choice.  But alas, I do not make enough hours to maintain my own healthcare plan, so had to go on dh's.

Have a list of things to prep for crop after work...including...wait for it...figuring out how to waterproof my stuff.   YES, it is supposed to rain this weekend.  siiiiiigh, rain and scrapbook stuff...not a great combo.

Dh did make me a cover for my wagon.  Will take a pic for the next post.



gotta figure out how to protect rolling cases.


Then, and this is  something good, Son in law and I are switching work locations on Friday. (we work for the same business, a family business that has some leeway)  I normally work from home, and babysit the kid...but on Friday, he will work from home, I will work from the plant in Livermore.   I have to complete the 2015 information for the CPA...what we call 'the Binders' so he can figure out our final reports and tax liabilities ...and then...I can go to Pleasanton...and arrive earlier (I hope) than I thought I would.  HAPPY DANCE.  So even though the week feels a bit jinxed, hopefully the weekend will be TERRIFIC!!!  siiiiiiiigh

Did sign up for a class, the Echo Park layout...Echo Park is my fave line...okay top 4 or 5...so I am excited.  Also interested in the Thinking Inking....maybe if I arrive early enough I can sign up for that also.

Okay, baby fell asleep, back to work!

















No comments: