Thursday, December 23, 2010

I got a DSLR for Christmas!!

soooo excited. DH and the kids went 'together' and got me a Nikon!

Now, I know its a little early, but with ds's schedule, we had our immediate family gift exchange last night. He will be working Thurs, Fri, Sat...so, last night was our Christmas.

When I got home, of course, I tore into it and read the manual. For the first time, I watched a battery charge (takes about 1 hour and 40 min) popped that thing in, formatted my card...and couldn't see a thing! What? all the settings are right? waaaahhhhh!!! Then the little girl who 'hangs out' with me while her dad is at bible study pointed out that I still had the lens cap on. Tell me that everyone makes that mistake. duh.

Then, after all the years of my point and shoot, I looked into the screen...still nothing...waaaaaahhhh...then I look thru the viewfinder...what? you look thru the little thing on top, not the display screen. Um, PLEASE tell me everyone makes that mistake!

But, I finally 'got it together' and took a few pics around the house.

Can't wait to play!!!! and learn!!

No comments: