Sunday, September 21, 2014

attempt at project life

Been trying to do project life for dgd#2's baby scrapbook.  I did 3 albums for dgd #1's so I thought maybe pl would help me keep it to one book...get more pics per page type of thing.

I like it , but it is harder for me...just not used to thinking project life way...and because I am a li'l ocd, it still ends up being like a 2 page layout...  gotta coordinate somewhat.

this is my very first page of the baby shower, used a half page on the left...


Still struggling...as you can see with the fairly blank row on the right side
 And this one, still have to think of what to do with the blank cards...
 And a couple are one side a regular scrapbook page the other side project life....this page took forever...trying to keep it themed and color coordintaed...somewhat.  Those 'chalkboard' cards were the 'tie' saver.
 The flip side of the previous page..still having blank pockets.  And did use touches of Kiwi Lane...
So I've been 'stalking' inspiration boards, blogs and youtube.   I'm excited to get back in there and try some things out.  (esp like the idea of turning a pocket into a 'shaker')

Of course, I've been 'shopping'   Amazon's sale is a bit too tempting.  Most of my cards have been from the FSOT board at the former 2 peas in a bucket.Where core kits are split...  Last week, I bought my first core kit, holy moly...there are a LOT of cards in a core kit.

Gotta get ready for Sunday School, after a 6 week break we are back to class.  Today, I'm taking it easy...not a huge lesson...and a game.  


1 comment:

Angela said...

I've not tried PL style so I'm not much help, but I do think you're off to a great start! Loving the way you spread one photo down to the next spot and love the mix of regular pages in there. Looks like you're having fun!
Found you on the sb.com bloggers thread. I would love a return visit.