Sunday, August 1, 2010

scrappin again!

I haven't scrapped much this month...so it feel good. I'm participating in a weekend progressive on scrapbook.com AND a correlating Bingo game.

Yesterday's progressive resulted in this lo:




A progressive is fast and crazy...it is like a 'simon says' with scrapbooking, a moderator tells a story, and based on the first response from the participants she gives instructions. Like yesterday's started with "it's been a long hot summer, how do you cool off, go for a swim or air conditioning?" AC was the first answer, so the first instruction was to do a 'sketch'. And it goes on like that for a couple of hours.

This progressive was, 1) a sketch (I found one in an old Scrapbooks Etc. mag) 2) distress your pp or bg papers, 2 different ways. I distressed the edges of the large cardstock and crumpled the small strip across. 3) 1 pic double matted and distress mat or pic 4) handmade embellies but not flowers...I made my tag and the reindeer is a cut out that I added glossy accents..5) had a list of embellies to add, I chose brads and glitter with the glitter pen. Also had to use either ribbon or fibers, I used ribbon. Then 6) the title had to be bling (so used stickles on the letters)

Also for the Bingo:

all lines have a 'lift' of some type, for this one I lifted an old lo of mine...that had masking/misting and mosaics...also needed something representing the letter C and E/F...my C is cats and E/F is fiber.

There will be another progressive today at 3pm Eastern. Ya'll should try it out.
its at Scrapbook.com under the Interactive Forms then Challenge Thread. I can't find a thread for today's progressive, but HERE is yesterday's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting article. Thanks for sharing.