Wednesday, May 11, 2011

how many trips to Hobby Lobby?

its right around the corner...so, yes, I've made 2 trips. The first time was before NSD, so no sales, of course I "managed" to find a couple of things. Like a snoopy surf stamp and a stamp that says " One shoe can change your life - Cinderella"
Also picked up a pack of their black cardstock, by Paper Studio...can't say I'm impressed, they feel 'light' and more fibrous. But I figured it would be good for backgrounds.

Today, there were some sales. Picked up a paperpack that I think will be good for my Venice pics. Kinda the traditional/fancy patterns in shades of blue and brown, instead of just shades of black.

Also, one quick trip to Michaels, dd's paper trimmer needed a blade replacement...so, HAD to go and get one. Also picked up a pack of their Recollections cardstock in black, just in case the changed blade did not help with the Paper Studio pack (it did)...so, I'm leaving the Recollections with dd's collection.

Not that dd really scraps, she has 'dabbled'...but we maintain a corner of one of their guestrooms for me when I visit. She has a great collection..I left her some of my Bad Girl kits, and lots of sparkle!! Maybe when life slows down for her, she'll 'dabble' again. Right now, she works full time and is working on her Masters...so, she's a li'l busy.

We've been doing something fun on this trip. The morning we left, we stopped by the business, to drop of dh ...and my co-worker, Francine gave my dgd a stuffed duck that sings 'singing in the rain'. So, as we go places, we've been taking pics of dgd with the duck...so, I'm gonna make a couple of mini albums. One for Francine and one for dgd...a momento of the trip. Think I'll just do a couple of 'paper bag' albums.

No comments: