Monday, February 15, 2010

2.5 miles last night

I hit a milestone, 2.5 miles on the treadmill last night. (took a li'l over 50 minutes) but, woot! woot!



Also, have been working on a weight loss scrapbook, doing some challenges from the site Scrapbook.com. This one is about our biggest discouragement. Mine is how slow this is happening...@1 lb per week. I have the mental knowldge that 1 to 2 lbs per week is good, and all that..but there are times I feel discouraged...and feel like 'why bother'..you know. But I've got to keep the bigger goal in mind, how its going to feel when I am at goal. When I can buy cute clothes in the catalogs, when I can wear a bathing suit, when Michael and I run a 3k together...when I don't look like a 'fat frog' in family pictures.

Also, another challenge, is that the fat filled foods are yummy. And yes, overindulging did somehow fill an emotional need. And sometimes I just plain miss that. esp mac and cheese, chicken fried steak and mashed potatos, a big ole cheeseburger and french fries and pepsi...sometimes I do miss them.

Yesterday, mom and I went to Red Lobster. (I had the broiled platter 280 calories)
(but when you add all the other stuff, even a side salad, it was still a good 700 to800 calories)...well, the waitress brought us the cheddar biscuits (YUM) and I told her 'no thanks'. She was surprised, "No one says no to these!".. I told her, "At 150 calories, I've got to". She said, "Sometimes people just eat these one after another, and I think that, but I don't want to say something and be rude"

A co-worker, who is trying to lose a few pounds, has been having only yogurt and salad while at work. She says she goes home and loses her willpower. But she made the comment that I "don't eat diet food". I told her, "Nope, I am eating regular food, but learning to control my portions and calories". And you know what, at the end of the day, I'm not very hungry and find I can eat something lite for dinner.

I guess that is why Sparkpeople call it a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I did well at the Valentine's dinner as well. Not perfect, probably still ate more than I should have. But when dessert arrived, I said 'no thanks' and just had a spoonful of Michael's.

So, as always, just hope it translates at the scale...at least that 1 lb!!

oh, I weighed Percy (my cat) over the weekend...he has not lost 1 oz! still at 17.2 lbs. poor baby. Every now and then, Michael is not consistent with putting the other cat's bowls away, and I think Percy is 'grazing'.

No comments: