Sunday, February 6, 2011
have been doing some crafting...
I joined an ATC swap at Scrapbooks.com. My intention was to make 2 ATC's of my Stamping Up Stamps as a way to catalog them and to exchange...wow, did I make a mess!!
For most of them, I used alcohol inks on glossy cardstock for the background, then stamped the sentiment with Memento inks...then the image with embossing...messy, messy. All but one were done that way in the pic.
Then the last few were done with distress ink 'painting'. ( a class I took at the last expo). Also included stamping the sentiment with memento ink and embossing ...the sample in the pic is the one about 'never being more than a thought away'. Talk about messy, the embossing was a words type background stamp, used emboss with glitter combo. (Stamping Ups Heat and Stick Powder with their Silver Shine) pretty, but not for the light hearted. I'm still cleaning my desk of residue.
When my friend Michele was over, we started discussing organizing my stamps. Wow. and I can say that backwards, woW. I have quite a few, Stamping Up and Acrylics. Guess the thing to do is to take them all out, place in piles on the floor and go for it. She suggested I mark my cabinets, 1a, 1b and then organize my binder the same way.
But, that is a project for ...I don't know when. But, yeah, someday.