Sunday, November 8, 2009

much calmer today...

still not shopping at Savemart...but starting to try to 'see' the clerk's point of view...

Our morning Bible Study was excellant, we are going thru Proverbs and getting other people's perspectives is wonderful/challenging/ growing.

the verse that 'hit' me is Prov 15:19, "the way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, But the way of the upright is a highway".. we had to pause, 'what does THAT mean?" and my John MacArthur study bible says "thorns. He is too lazy to remove them"

and it hit me, that is what I am trying to do with the new 'discipline' in my life, esp the eating/exercise goals..trying to remove the 'thorns' I've allowed to grow all around me, cuz I've just been toooo darned lazy to remove them.

And I am lazy. I can be a real couch potato, any chance I get!!

While creating these new habits, I should add Bible study...so on the bottom of my daily diet journal is a spot for a verse...even if all I do is open the Bible and write a verse, it is still a step from what I have been doing...ya know?

okay, I get to babysit today!! There was 'an incident' with one of the kid's cars and it needs to be replaced. I will talk about that later, but I am still a li'l emotional...anyways, they are going out together to test drive. (J now works Thurs, Fri, Sat...and my day off is Fri's ...so them having a day to be able to do this without the baby is rather limited)

and then the sermon was good too!! and seeing Adriana was wonderful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of incredibly good reading here, thank you! I was checking on yahoo when I identified your article, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to far more from you.