Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I forgot, or should I say I overlooked...

I've been so intent on losing the 'obese' label...I overlooked the fact that I hit the halfway mark of my goal of losing 65 lbs! Of course, in my head, I'm kinda changing that goal...may want to go for 10 more...HOWEVER that initial goal is to lose 65 and get down to 150.

Did have a bit of a mental setback yesterday. read the blog of another gal, who has lost 40 lbs...she said she went from a size 16 to a size 8...I've lost a li'l over 30 lbs and only dropped one pants size!! wahhhh! shirts, a li'l different, I've gone from a 1X to a Large. THEN I was talking to one of the gals at work, who also lost 30lbs (from Zumba classes)...she went from a size 14 to a 9!! boohoo!!

Here's a link to Andy's blog..I LOVE the way she writes...and she is doing a lot of the same things I've been doing, watching what she eats...adding exercise (walking)...very inspiring. (IF I don't compare)

Which I WILL stop doing! We cannot compare our journey with others, right? We just keep going and will get there in our own time and our own way.

Okay, time to put in that dvd...a friend loaned my Jillian Michael's Target Zones...this should jumpstart my 'problem' area...my tummy. "Beatrice" (that's what I named my tummy) is being a li'l stubborn. I remind her that she will get a belly button ring if she co-operates..and those who know me, KNOW I do not relish 1) needles and 2) pain.

No comments: