Tuesday, May 31, 2016

last layouts for May..

 I have been taking part in a couple of challenges at 2 Peas Refugees.  May Tell Your Story and May Blogging Challenge.  It has been a fun month.  My scrapbooking total is only around a dozen pages.  Even this weekend...think I got 5 or 6...but still had fun.  And used some of the challenge prompts.

So my last layouts for May...these are of dgs#1...
a couple of challenges, used a border punch for the Great Day side...not that you can see...maybe a little on the bottom.  And layered project life cards to create the background on the other side. 
Then there was a challenge to take on something you don't do very well.  I tend to leave my pages very plain.  The following is pretty much how I would/could leave this page.  So to challenge myself I took out 2 of the panels and embellished just a little more....


(they are in San Francisco, so the crab works...right???)  Okay, embellishing is a work in progress for me.  I should show the one my dgd#1 did, she has no qualms about embellishing...

On Saturday...we had 

a mega crawfish and low county boil.... This is a pic of dgd#1 getting her lesson on how to eat crawfish.   And she did it, even sucking out the 'head'...I could not do that. (okay, gotta say it, when i turned the critter over to pull out the tail meat, it DID look a little too cockroachy for my taste)
   But the rest of the meal, was wonderful...some of the sausage a little spicy, but no complaints. 

 It was a good day, heck, it was a good weekend!!! 

2 comments:

LisaDV said...

Way to go on so many pages. These layouts are very lovely.

msmith434343 said...

That's great that you can do so many pages! I'm pretty slow, but I am getting faster! The boil looks fun! Have a great day.