Tuesday, October 27, 2009

got to come home from work early...

let me set the stage, we are having some pretty high winds around here...
but I'm at work..sneezing, coughing, runny nose.. sore throat, which I think is just hyper allergies because of the wind kicking up all the allergens.

The only thing, is I did start to get chills and a bit nauseous...anyways, went to the boss, my dh, who I commute in with...and tell him, I'd like to go home. Somehow, bed, hot tea and cats...just sounded sooooo goood!!

So, we arrange for me to drive one of the company cars home. BUT I need to finish some credit memos first...as I'm sitting there, sneezing..the Sales Manager tells me(from across the office).."go home Karen, we don't want your swine flu..and while your at it clean out the car when you are done!". Yikes.

Okay, I came home had some soup and SLEPT...like a log. No flu stuff...no quick visits to the toilet..so, I really think its 'kicked up allergies' making me miserable.

My mom thinks its that with my lack of sleep over the weekend..I just needed some real rest. In fact, she would not let me snooze on the couch in front of the tv..she told me 'go to bed for real sleep'...soooo glad she did...

and the cats were so good. Both boys, Percy and Bubba, slept next to me WITHOUT fighting...like they knew mom needs some rest and she needs us.

I had to give up a planned babysitting evening with Adriana...guess it is better to be safe than sorry...but seriously, I'm sure there is no flu here.

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. :( I had a nasty cold last week. Definitely good that you are getting rest. Hope you are feeling better soon!