Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 day weekend...teehee

I'm caught up at work, even taking care of some filing and archiving. My boss is out for the rest of the week, so instead of sitting in front of the computer with nothing to do...I got the rest of the week off! Yay! So, yesterday, I had visions of sleeping in and lounging in my pj's...nope. Was up at 5:45 and changed into my shorts...and thought of readin' and scrappin' all day...but, nope, think I'll tackle cleaning bathrooms this morning.

We may have a 3rd dog now. This little girl showed up 2 weeks ago Friday. She showed up scared and scarred. Bite marks about her face and bad scarring around her neck...like she had pulled against a chain, or someone had cut it. Though she is not all that cute, she is the sweetest thing and does not create the 'drama' other dogs had created when they show up. I call her Shelby, after the Julia Roberts character in Steel Magnolia.




almost 2 weeks later, she is much more lively and seems to be healing well. I need to take her to the vet, see if she is microchipped, fixed...do all the steps if we decide to keep her. (we haven't done it yet, as we don't want to put a collar on her till she is healed.) DH bought her a collar yesterday, bright blue, I tried to explain that girls need pink collars with rhinestones, his response, 'MY girls wear blue"...siiiiiigh

She really loves dh and wants to be a part of his 'pack'. I'm not a dog person, but I like her. BUT she has the 'bad' habit of rolling around in cow or horse manure..so, I don't pet her beyond her muzzle.

No comments: