Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom!

Happy 4th of July, ya'll!! What a unique wonderful(certainly not perfect) country we have...and I am especially feeling very blessed to be an American.

on Sunday, our youth pastor/music pastor had us singing some of the old spirituals...gotta admit the words have escaped me right now...but the rhythm hasn't.
Even as I type this, I'm listening to this You Tube video of Ain't No Grave

Adriana joined us for 'singing' and she was adorable, clapping along and dancing...wish I had my camera to make a video.

So, today is my last day of my 6 weeks off from work. Tomorrow I go back. siiiiigh, I have loved the time off. Of course, this morning I thought of a goal I should have been working on...photography! I did not pick up my new camera once. BUT I did finish some of the unfinished scrapbooks and did spend the time learning how to use my Gypsy better and got all my swaps out.

So, my days of sitting around in my pj's...computer in the morning, followed by scrapbooking, followed by a nap, followed by reading are over. siiiiiigh.

oh well, it was nice to get this break.

Oh, I did do my lo for the color class. This is soooooo out of the box for me...I am usually such a 'simple' scrapper and doing this many embellies, is so not me.




This is more me...pics matted on pp..with minimal embellishment.



BUT I am glad to be taking this class, hopefully, I will be s t r e t c h e d. Cuz, sometimes I get tired of my same old, same old.

No comments: