Wednesday, January 6, 2010

discipline!

right? that is the name of the game.

so much I want to accomplish, gotta just sit down and do them.
or get off the couch to do them. so, gotta prioritize...

I do this so well at work..gotta bring it into my home life, also.

I've got to take a hard look at my computer time. I spend time on Facebook, 2 Peas, Scrapbook.com and Sparkpeople. I find I am spending less time on 2Peas.

But I do want to do the Bible reading plan that Pastor Kent gave us on Sunday.

so, to squeeze into the morning...Bible reading, food routine (starting daily journal), computer time (the things I don't have access to at work), shower..

go to work...well, the days I do work. (teehee)

and in the evenings...treadmill, book reading and my programs...like NCIS! Oh! that's right, tv should also be treadmill time. oh, and Farmville on Facebook!
AND I have an idea for a book I want to write (ha!!!)...yeah, it will be one of those computer books..what is that site called? but, hey, why not???

Its all 'do-able' just gotta have the discipline...

I look at my mom, she knows she wants to be done with her day before her soaps...so she spends the morning - doing! She knows what she will be doing every day...

I used to be like that, if you can believe it, when I was a stay at home mom. I knew what chore I'd be doing each day..and did it! I maintained the kids' activity schedules...it was good. It was going back to work that threw me off. But I can take back that discipline.

One of my sisters was here for a week. During the first couple of days, she organized my linen closet and my pantry. She was full of nervous energy, unable to sleep and relax. She has a lot going on in her life...a lot of drama...but I think this need to have everything neat and organized around her is her way of maintaining control. At least that is how I read it. By the end of the week, she started sleeping more and getting more relaxed. THEN it became a vacation for her.

okay, off to read that Bible...if you are interested in the plan, it is from kjil@kjil.com it is a plan to read through the Bible in 271 steps, you can use it to read the Bible in a year..or more... it breaks it down..but doesn't give you 'dates' so you can do it at your own pace.

No comments: