Sunday, March 30, 2008

people..

from 2 peas:
People I enjoy being around are honest and direct, no playing games for me.
I like the subtle and the very direct!! The person I consider a good friend is one who will look me in the eye and tell me I'm full of sh_t. I tend to surround myself with those kind of women. I guess I admire these people, I would love to be more candid and direct. I want to grow up to be one of those cantankerous old women waving their fingers in your face...do you remember the old tv show Phyllis, it was a spin off from the Mary Tyler Moore show, I thought the old lady was a hoot!! Ok, not that bad,but more like that than I am now.\

Yesterday I said 'rock massage' it is 'stone', I guess I wanted them to play rock music!! I didnt end up having a stone massage, the person who set up my appt got me a Swedish Massage, and I'm not complaining, it was GREAT!!

I got my hair ironed with a Chi, made me look younger! I gotta learn how to use one of those!!

Wonderful day, I got to meet a couple of my sister's closest friends.

It was cool, at the reception, seeing her with 4 other women she has known since the early 80's. We were talking about the value of long lasting friendships, and how cool it is to have people who still want to know you for the long term. Michele would be my friend like that, she figured it out, the scamp, we've known each other for more than half our lives. We don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, but when we do, its like we've never parted.

Today is lunch with my other sister and nephew, then off to the hotel near the airport...and we are still hoping for a stop at the Clear Lake store...

its an addiction, I tell ya!!

and would you believe I miss my treadmill? I hope the hotel has one. Also when I stepped on my sister's scale, it said I've lost 2 more pounds, I like her scale, I may have to take it home with me.'\

oh, and yes, I do miss my dh...but a little worried, as I need to pick up another suticase for all my scrap shopping. Good thing Southwest allows you 2 checked bags!!

(insert a happy but "uh-oh" smile face)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!!! But, what you have is a sickness! LOL! M~