Monday, November 17, 2008

a step...

Thought I'd write a note about my quote in my header.

At church, we are going through a series based on the book "If You Want to Walk on Water, You've got to Get Out of the Boat" by John Ortberg. This weeks message was "Good News for Cave Dwellers - Hope". Concentrating on the time David was living in caves while being hunted by Saul. Anyways, we all have our cave dwelling times...and how God is there for us and gives us hope.

Our pastor told the story of little Kiera, a 6 year old classmate of his daughter, who passed away a couple of weekends ago. Friday, she was healthy, Saturday, she was sick, Sunday, she was gone. They still don't know what happened. (if you think about it, please pray for this little girl's family)

But during a conversation while she was going thru this, this is what she told her aunt. "Tell everyone I believe in God"...and this just touches my heart beyond measure.

My biggest fear as a Christian, is telling people my beliefs. I don't know why, I'm afraid of being mocked, of 'doing' it wrong, being judged by an unbeliever's standards...but here is the crux of what my life should be about...stepping out of that boat, and TELLING everyone that I believe in God.

I'm not perfect, but I am forgiven. I don't have all the answers, but I do know who to turn to. I love the lyrics by Rich Mullins in Creed:

Link to Creed Lyrics

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Prayers sent for Kiera's family. She may have been only 6 but she was so wise.