Monday, June 20, 2011

3 more books toward my goal

Over the weekend I finished, Angry Conversations with God by Susan E Isaacs. A very good read. No matter what our circumstances, I think we all have the same questions of God.

And The Last Wife of Henry VIII by Carolly Erickson. Found this at a used bookstore, but I really enjoyed this author and plan to read her Marie Antoinette book next. I really liked how she humanized these historical figures and brought them to life. I was very sad to have this book end.

And The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund. very fast read and unexpected resolution.

Today, I'm starting Prisoners of Hope by Dana Curry and Heather Mercer.

Last 2 weeks of my vacation from work, and 6 more books to hit my goal! I think I can do it. Though, I kinda feel like I should not be counting the Patterson books, as they are such quick reads for me. So, I won't count any Pattersons for the last 6 books. Only new authors.

Yesterday was a very mellow day around here ( I read 2 books). We kept the tv on the John Wayne marathon for dh. soooooo, I was quite bored. (okay, I did get a little into Hondo) I baked him a cake for father's day, put up with the Duke and got him a couple of nice shirts. Did not make him a card. I am intimidated by masculine cards.

4 more lo's and I'm done with Adriana's first book of 2010. It goes from Jan to July 4th. Don't know if I'll complete 2010 next. We'll see what project interests me when I finish. My trip to Florence is halfway done. hmmmmmmm

A li'l sad, only 2 more weeks and I'll be back to work. siiiiiiiiigh. BUT it is the end of week 4 and my dr said I could restart yoga and babysitting ...I have had some regular pinchy feeling under my belly button. Should I? I think I'll do a simple yoga routine on my wii balance board with the wii fit game. Keep it slow and controlled.

No comments: