Monday, February 25, 2008

an RAK ...



I've put together my first RAK!
these are duplicates of my stash and stuff I just won't use.
I have an extra set of Stampin Up stamps I bought on Splitcoast, sight unseen...
there's a Heidi Swap 9x9 album I got at a NSD crop, a Doodlebug small chipboard house I got at a scrapbook fair class (I'm just not into altering) and some scrap floss, stickles, sequins...and more.

Since I am trying to lose weight, how about ya'll comment me with weight loss tips, what you have seen really work...longterm. I had a friend who tried Atkins, was okay short term, but not long term. Also friend who tried Nutrisystem...umm, no go.
(she said the food was really quite nasty) A friend who had great success with "Fit for Life" years ago ...but, not long term. I tried the Curves diet and excercise program, lost 17 lbs, but regained 30...(its a modified Atkins, and let me tell you, I was DREAMING about bread) and I really do not want to spend every day thinking about food. (though all women really do, no matter what shape we are in, don't we?)

So comment on those diet plans, if you know someone who has really succeeded. or not. Help give me a 'concrete' plan, a direction.

So please let me know what you've seen and know to work really well.
I've been successful in making small lifestyle changes, more time on my treadmill and less of the stuff I love...pepsi and chocolate...but I've had no results, yet.

oh and make sure your email is included so I can contact you for a shipping address.
So, how about I open this till Friday morning, 9 am PST, will take the names and have a co-worker draw, contact ya Friday and send out package on Monday...

I think that's how this RAK thing works.

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can give me.

5 comments:

Benita said...

What a nice RAK to offer. I honestly don't have any advice as I'm also trying to lose some weight right now....I just purchased an Elliptical, so I'm hoping that will help motivate me. I guess the main thing that a lot of experts tell you to do is to just eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of big ones. My bad habit is eating late at night :( I know I have to stop that if I'm ever going to lose any weight at all!

mborrero said...

good fortunate on your new thinness

I would love to take park in your giveaway.

Melina from Miami

Lynn said...

Wow, I'm first? Ok.... I've done Atkins and it really worked for me. The thing with this plan is that you need to drink lots of water (any diet for that matter). I was told a long time ago that to make a diet work you need to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz's of water. So if you weigh 150 lbs. you need to drink 75oz's of water to be successful. I kept the weight off for more than 4 years and just resently started to gain some weight but that is due to medication that I'm taking. Also, stay away from anything that is white! If you want bread, go with whole wheat, rice... try fried or brown rice. It seems to work.
Good luck and keep us updated. If you want to talk just pea-mail me.

toners said...

I'll be following along for those tips...DH lost 50+ lbs a few years ago and has kept it off...it seems sooo much easier for men!

Jennifer H. said...

Great goodies in your RAK! I've heard great things about Weight Watchers although I haven't tried them myself yet. Another tip I've heard is to drink LOTS of water, espeically a BIG glass about 10 minutes before each meal. I am trying to do that myself but I struggle with getting enough each day. Good luck with your weight loss!

Jennifer
Rathaven@aol.com