Friday, February 29, 2008

its the little things...

Thanks to all of ya'll who responded to my call for help.

I'm going to print these and put them in my weight loss journal.


Reading the responses, I've come to the conclusion that its the little things. Things that make sense, and I know in my head, but its the willpower to actually do that counts.



Things like choosing:


wheat over white,
veggies,

green tea over my Earl Grey w/sugar and milk,

smaller meals thrughout the day,

don't eat late





the one that gave me a small heartattack was to drink water, oh my, half my weight in ounces!

then I calculated it, and I already am very close to that amount right now.



Here are the changes I have made this year:



cut the Pepsi, I was up to 2 or 3 per day..now I'm averaging 1 every 3 days, and its gotten so its no big deal. Whereas, my mindset used to be I HAVE TO HAVE it to even function.



so, Water intake has gone up, up to 4 to 5 16.9 oz bottles a day.



my treadmill is much more regular, averaging 4 to 5 days a week. and averaging 20 to 25 min per day



and have been very successful in avoiding the vending machine at work. More fruit, yougurt, oatmeal ( I have high cholesteral) during the 10 am break. Keep trail mix at my desk for those in between energy snacks.



Perhaps I'm not doing quite enough, or haven't been consistent long enough.... and there have been birthday cakes (small piece) a coworker went to Hawaii and brought back chocolate covered macadamia nuts (indulged in 1) .... sooo, after talking to dh... the step I've taken is ....



On Thursday morning, I met with a personal trainer/nutritionist. She is a young woman who we've known since she was a child and is getting her accredation. And what she told me was a lot of what ya'll said above. (Her fee is very reasonable.)



I'm going to be meeting her Monday and Thurday mornings. And hopefully, with this kind of 'accountability', I'll be able to make some progress.



I do have goals, my dd graduates college in May, ds graduates from the police academy in June,

dd is talking of a Sept wedding, and my cruise in Oct..



so, my goal would be an average of 10 lbs per month. So, by Oct, I'll be 'slammin'!!

It was a little later than 9am (my co-worker was in the conference room working on a project that HAS to go out today) but the RAK goes to...

Sarah C (2 paws design)...so I'm off to email her.

(only after Betsy picked the name did I think, "yikes, I hope she's in the USA!!)

Again, thanks to all!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo proud of you!!!! So, ya think we should our tramp stamp before our cruise??? LY!!

toners said...

Congrats, Sarah!

And great job with all your accomplishments :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Thanks! :) I feel bad I missed this post & the 2ps message until today. I got so carried away with my weekend project that I *gasp* barely touched the computer the last few days. Crazy, I know. :D

Sounds like you are on the right track. Best of luck!!