Friday, October 19, 2007



wanted to post a layout, I know this is plain as far as layouts go...but I loooove this pic of my dd.

2 peas topic: Kindness....wow, not something I think about...
Is Kindness the same as consideration, or is going out of your way to do something helpful to someone else. hmmmmm. is it kind not to lash out at someone who makes you angry? or is it kindness to not let small actions irritate you.

something to truly think about.It is a part of dh's fave verse, 2Peter 1:5-8...
"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness; and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance and to perseverance , godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ"

You know, I always looked at this verse as our steps in our growth as Christians, our first step is faith...we've gotta believe...then we start 'cleaning up', we are no longer attracted to the "bad", we seek to change for the "good". And we grow in knowledge, as we study the word and fellowship with other Christians. Then, we must practice self-control and perseverance, in order to live that Christian life.
Then we do reach out with brotherly kindness and love...cuz it reflects Jesus in us. And though I do not have the greek, but I'm betting that love in this verse is agape love...the love that is not based on how I feel or what you do, but a love that accepts.

Thanks for making me think about this.

No comments: