Thursday, November 22, 2007

I'm back, airport fun and travel!!

> Hi All!!
I'm back from the 'wilds' of Los Angeles!

Monday, I arrived at LAX at 2:30, C's flight did not arrive till 6:10, but that was okay...I had my book. 3 hours later I finish my book and look up and guess what? the flight was delayed till 7:40!!!

but I did okay, and I was good, though assaulted by the scent of cinnabons...I did not cave. (at my weakest moment I just figured I'd drop it all over my shirt, and C would 'catch' me)

I finally saw her at 8:30, after she went thru customs...I was soooooooo happy...but I did not squeal and cry like the people around me. As you can guess, there were also groups of college kids and families to greet the kids as they got off the plane, the kids probably felt like rock stars...cuz people would cheer and squeal and stuff as they walked up the platform. C said after 24 hours of travel..from Greece to London then London to LA...it was a bit overwhelming and she just wanted to leave.

BUT waiting for her at the hotel,(her surpise) was a tall, cute Okie...and he is cute in person...so she had a little space to get a little refreshed. It was a great surprise, he brought her roses and red pearls (her b-day gift)...

ANYways....yesterday was a long day before Thanksgiving drive, but not toooo awful. We left the hotel at 7:30 for an appt she had in Hollywood, then left that about 11:30...it was a "crawl" for a while but after the Grapevine (around 2pm) there was people around us, but we were moving pretty much at 75 to 80 mph, except for a few brake lights. so we were home by 6pm...

from 2 peas, what are you thankful for?

I am soooo thankful for my family and friends...today will be fairly small, just 7 people, us and dh's brother and girlfriend...but that sounds great to me...


and thankful to live in the USA...
after some of dd's stories, it just reinforces that we do live in the greatest country in the world.

No comments: