Thursday, November 29, 2007

one skill...

What's one skill you've wanted but don't have?

Only one? I wish I could sing, dance, draw, paint...budget my spending, eat well and exercise... how do I pick just one? hmmmmmmmm

Above all, I wish I could 'say the right thing', I have a friend who is going thru a painful time...and I wish I could say something to help. (this is her first holiday since losing her 18 year old son over the summer) I leave her unanswered voice messages, I just don't know how to reach her. should I give her space, should I show up at her door...should I keep calling?

Usually, I'm comfortable with my social awkwardness...but sometimes...I wish I just knew the right thing for someone who is hurting.

I know how much it meant to me to receive the comments from yesterday's post about my dad.

Thank you to those who did.

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Wow. That is a challenge. I have no idea what the right answer is. Perhaps paying her a visit just to chat or even for a hug might help. I'll be thinking of you and praying that you'll find a way to help your friend.