Saturday, July 26, 2008

burnt out and a sunburn, too

Aaaaahhhh, 2 days traveling with the kids!
AS my sis would say, "I need medication"

We went to Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row on Thurs.
then Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on Friday. The horrible part, was coming home on hwy 152 yesterday, aye yi yi.

Mom was losing patience with Pierce. Now, he is 12 years old and being the perfect 'annoying' boy cousin to the girls. Mom does not know much about 'boys', having raised girls and having been around the girl cousins the most...so she did not know what to think of a loud, rough housing boy.
(He did talk A LOT)(and at a high volume, at times)...


All I can say, is DH took Pierce to the airport today...I just could not face another 4 hours (2 hours each way) in the car.

My back...my feet...my arms and nose (sunburnt) from yesterday. And I'm tired and sore and feel every one of my 47 years.

but of course, I woke up and went into the scrap room. I've been working on Pierce's DC album. On Thurs, we did scrapbook, I think he got 5 pages done. Sara worked on my pages for ds and ddil's trip to Okinawa, and Lexi (the 15 year old) consulted. She did not actually scrap, but she has a good eye for matching paper and pics and stuff.

So this morning, I've been doing some fairly simple pages of his pics.


I'm so behind on my Shimelle pages...2 weeks...so I need to get busy.

Today, ddil has offered to take the girls to the movies...sounds good to me!!!

No comments: