Friday, July 4, 2008

I didn't go to work yesterday...but not for a fun reason


When I came home from work on Weds night, it was to discover that my mother had taken a fall. She says it happened early in the morning, but it did not start hurting till the afternoon. By the time I got home around 5pm, she could not even stand on her right knee, she had also hurt her left wrist. Soooo, I looked up Sprains/Fractures in my handy-dandy Kaiser First Aid book (which I highly recommend) and we did the RICE they recommended. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

By Thurs morn, her knee felt better, she was able to stand...but the wrist was worse. So, I made her an appt and took her to Turlock's Sutter Gould. Because she is visiting from Houston, the nurse made us go to urgent care instead of the regular clinic. I figured because she is 76 and has oesteoporosis, its better to get it checked out. The dr says nothing is broken, but she is going to swell up (her knee is almost twice the size of the other one) and turn into some yucky colors for a while.

Now, ya'll can probably relate, while we were in the waiting room...I tore the above page out of the magazine I was looking at. I'm going to be on Tru tv's 'caught on tape'. My mom just laughed at me and asked me, 'what is WRONG with you' and you know I took a couple of pics of her knee and wrist.

Now, it was a 2006 issue or I would have tried to find this online.

I don't know what it is I like, is it the colors, the black cat against the design?
not sure...but I'll have to lift it in some way.

We then went out to eat, a new sushi place in Turlock. As we were leaving, and mom was 'hobbling' out, I felt so bad, it must look like I beat her!

Then we went home, took a nap, went to grocery store, made dinner for the kids...
they arrived around 7pm...dd, dsil (dear son in law) and their friends Luis, Melissa and their baby, Cole. Its cool, dsil is from Oklahoma, Luis from Louisiana and Melissa is from Boston...so the accents at the dinner table was fun!!

Today, they are all heading for a day in San Francisco and then tonight is a bbq in Turlock.

Oh, by the way, if any of ya'll live near Turlock, Sutter Gould on Colorado and Main needs new magazines!

Have a great 4th!!

(I miss my dh, I sure don't sleep very well without him. I mean I LOVE having the bed to myself...but...oh well)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's fall. Hope she recovers quickly and isn't in too much pain.

Can totally relate to ripping things out of magazines. :-) I've been known to do that, or take pics with my phone! Only a fellow crafter could relate!

Happy 4th to you!

Theresa said...

Well maybe your Mom's knee will let her still be able to come down to the jailhouse and bail you out if you get arrested! LOL

Glad they said nothing was broke. If she continues to have pain though I'd get a new x-ray in a couple of days. Sometimes the swelling masks a break and they can't see it for a day or two.

Heather said...

That is a great ad. I think it's the design and the wallpaper with the dark cat. So basically the whole darn thing!