Saturday, May 31, 2008

A funny pic....


This is my 75 year old, li'l Japanese mom, attempting to eat her first Mexican-style soft taco. She took the 2nd corn tortilla, put it on top, and tried to eat it off the plate. Really, I tried to show her that she could roll it and eat it...but...

glad I keep my camera in my purse.

I've been working on my first project from Bad Girls...its a mini album made with tp
roll cores...cute!! I used some of dd's bachlorette party pics. Very fun!

I've been up since 5:30, dh woke me up with his loud yawning. Guess I'll try to sneak in a nap later today. We are trying a new financial system here. Where we talk to each other about bills and we each get a certain amount of cash each week for our individual shopping, no more credit cards and ATM sliding...right...week one actually went well...but let's see if we can maintain this. Though last night when he bought his beer, he tried to say it was from the 'savings total' on the grocery receipt...so it did not have to come out of his envelope. Ummm, NO!!

Got to have a long talk with dd, she is loving married life, so far. Some adjustment to the financial/budget side. You know, can't just go buy that dress without talking to the hubby, first. (she's new, she'll figure out all the 'tricks' eventually) But doing good and is very content.

And ds had his 'pepper spray' event at the academy...when they spray pepper spray in the cadet's faces...he did well, in fact one of the trainers did not want to give him water because he felt ds was not showing enough pain. They also did some 'gas chamber' training..ds had done this with the Marine Corp, so he was able to use some of that training. He graduates the 25th of this month...yikes...sometimes I think, "Why can't my son want to be a florist!!" Why does he choose potentially dangerous careers? I really did not drop him on his head when he was a baby, okay, there was the one time he rolled off a changing table..

Ya'll have a good Saturday, today is going to be a rough, its the memorial service for Michelle. I still sit here in disbelief..

No comments: