Friday, April 25, 2008

my best friend...

from 2 peas: How did you meet your best friend

Well, during my junior year of high school, I got into a bit of trouble, lets just say I had to go to the extension school for a few weeks. So, my mom told my dad that she could not 'handle' me...so I went to CA for my senior year. (They managed to make me think it was my idea) (so I was cool with it). I had to walk to and from the bus stop everyday, it was a windy path thru bushes in the subdivision I lived in. I noticed that there was this girl walking the same way I was..except where I turned right she turned left...after a few days of this, while walking home, I turned around and introduced myself. Her name is Michele, and we became inseperable, seriously, I think her parents considered surgery to seperate us.
(her older sister worried that I was a bad influence, remember I had gotten in trouble the previous year) But I am positive, it is the friendship with Michele that made the move to CA, truly a fresh start. The only trouble we got into was sneaking the car...when I was officially grounded from it. And boy did we eat, she introduced me to taco supremes from Taco Bell, and I gained 10 lbs that year!!

She has a wonderful Portuguese family,and I felt like I was a part of it.
(think Big Fat Greek Wedding, with a Portuguese accent) My kids call her Aunt Michele and her mom is Grandma Mary.

This was the fall of 1978, 30 years later, we are planning a cruise to Italy and Greece. Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, but when we do, its like we've never been apart.

2 comments:

Lida said...

Oh that is so awesome, you are going to have a great time in the cruise! I left you a tag on my blog!

Anonymous said...

ahhh Sweetie, I love you!!
M~