Sunday, September 2, 2007

turned out to be a deep question..

from 2 peas: Do you ever sit back and wonder what history from your family is not passed on? If you what are you trying to change to make sure that doesn't happen with your family?

I'm not sure I understand the 2nd half of the question. But the first half, yes, on Michael's side, they have buried the fact that his great-great grandmother came to America to escape the Russian pogram, well, they have buried the fact that she was a Jew. Now, when she came to America, she converted to Catholicism...I guess the burden of being a Jew was too much...but I find it interesting that only one of Michael's aunts is even interested in this, that the others in the family don't even want to know. I simply find this fascinating.

I also have American Indian in my bloodlines, but when I made inquiries to find out more...silence. Apparently my paternal grandmother was at least part American Indian...but they don't want to talk about it. Again, I find it fascinating.

well, time to get off the computer...flex your power day in Centeral, CA!!

No comments: