Tuesday, January 8, 2008

greatest lesson...and the Lowes Effect

from 2 peas:
What is the greatest lesson you've learned so far in your life?

gee, I've had 46 years, which do I pick?

don't put anything metallic in the microwave?

don't wear flip flops in the rain?

I guess the one I've "gotten" lately is to not judge others. To not look at what they do, what they wear and think I know what kind of person they are. To accept that we all are going through our own "walk" and I am not anyone who can make a judgement about what others are going through. Something about 'walking in someone else's shoes". There is a tendency to look at others who don't have your same mindset and think that something is wrong with them. Learning to accept and care for others. These are the lessons I think I am finally starting to 'get'. I'm not talking about saying that all actions are equal, but I am learning to look past those actions and care about the person. We are told that the greatest commandment is this, "To love the Lord your God with all your heart and your soul and to love your neighbor as yourself"

hard to put that in words, but I think you know what I mean.

yikes, got a little heavy,

how about something a little lighter.
Dh and dd are in Las Vegas for the Electronics Gadget show, so I asked him if he is finding that having dd along creates the "Lowes Effect"

YOu know, when you are at Lowes, as an overweight middle aged woman, and you CANNOT find ANYONE to help you. But when you walk through the store with a pretty young daughter at your side, well, help comes out of the woodwork. You don't even have to be in a dept, just walking through the store and guys are asking if you need assistance...Yeah, you know how that goes.

DH just chuckled and said, "Yeah, I've noticed that"

1 comment:

Darcey said...

Good post! It is hard to always keep everything in persective and not be judgemental. At leaset for me anyway.